Thursday, September 4, 2008

Recent Appearances

Hello everyone!

I am happy to say that I have been busy with appearances this week! Yesterday morning I visited the All Children's Hospital here in St. Pete. All Children's is one of the 170 Children's Miracle Network hospitals across the nation. What a heart-warming experience! I was enthusiastically welcomed by the staff and had the opportunity to visit with some beautiful children who were at different stages of their stay at All Children's. I let an 8 year old girl named Alicia try on my crown and she gave me a picture she had drawn with crayons supplied by the hospital. She was truly a princess! As I toured the facility it became obvious that the children at ACH are cared for with thoughtful sensitivity, cutting-edge technology, and most importantly love. I look forward to future visits and partnership with All Children's. Follow the link below for a picture of my visit.

http://www.allkids.org/body.cfm?id=396&action=detail&ref=270

Last night I had the privilege of attending the ESPN Reception for the upcoming St. Petersburg Bowl. This new bowl game versus Big East and Conference USA will be played at Tropicana Field in December. It's an exciting honor to be the host city for such an event! At the reception I was able to meet many community leaders, (including football superstar Mike Alstott from the Tampa Bay Bucs!), and enjoyed explaining what "Miss Florida" is all about! Keep your eyes peeled for the two lucky teams and please check back later for pictures!

Well, it's off to be a well-educated voter as this will be my first opportunity to participate in a presidential election!

Blessings,
Sierra

No comments: