Friday, April 17, 2009

RAYS, Gators, and more!

Hello!

This week the Tampa Bay RAYS kicked off their first Home game at the Trop! On Monday I attended a Street Party downtown where lots of fans came out to support the team and Mayor Baker got up and played the guitar with the band!


By the end of the afternoon I had accomplished my mission of getting a ticket for that evening's game, courtesy of Dr. Sibley and the RAYS Marketing Department. I was in a suite and had such a great time! They hooked me up with a RAYS hat and t-shirt and let me take a picture with the ALCS replica ring! They crushed the Yankees 15-5...did I mention they win every time I'm there? ;)

With Dr. Sibley before the game

During the game I did some mingling and got to see Governor Crist. He is always so nice!

On Tuesday I traveled up to Gainesville with Lisa B. to visit the UF Christian Campus House. Despite the tornado warnings that morning, we made it on time! That evening I gave the message for their weekly "Meal and Message" and met the incredible students who make up that ministry. I was blessed and encouraged to see such genuine faith in my peers!

With Bob and Celeste Gailey, Directors of UFCCH

On Wednesday night I spoke to a smaller group of just girls for "Girls Night Out". We had a great time of fellowship and sharing what God is doing in our lives. Again, I was super blessed by the inner beauty these girls possess. Overall, it was a wonderful trip!

Lisa B. and I drove home late that night and had some great 'girl talk'! I had to be in Largo on
Thursday morning for the Pinellas County "State of the Family" Conference where I read the Governor's Proclamation declaring April "Child Abuse Prevention Month".


I stayed for the day-long conference and learned a lot! It was truly inspirational. There were 450 adults from all over Pinellas County who were all there with the same goal - improving the lives and futures of our young people by examining the effects that society has on our family unit.

That evening I attended an event for local foster kids at the Pinellas Park Performing Arts Center. I welcomed them and said a few words at the beginning. Then, the Feurtado brothers shared their awe-inspiring story. They are former drug king-pins who have turned their lives around and are now using their story to inspire kids and keep them off the streets, out of prison, and in school. I was honored to be able to work by their side. They have an amazing ministry!

With the Todd and Lance Feurtado...they're not as scary as they look! ;)

This morning I rode in the Festival of States Day Parade and then went to Planet Beach for some Florida "sunshine". Stay tuned for more updates!!

God bless,
Sierra

No comments: